I'm feelin her Ora

06:02



The other day I was tuning into my favorite TV show, just before I went to bed and low and behold, Rita Ora was preforming on 90210’s label launch party for Unfaithful records. Soon after I spent the rest of the evening on Youtube searching her music and falling in love. Later I realized that my Vogue magazine had a write up on the beautiful singer and I knew that I had to get in on the action.

You may or may not know this but Rita was signed to Roc Nation, a record label owned by Jay-Z and soon the 18, now 21 year old was jet setting from London to New York to pursue her music career. Before she began at the label, Ora was preforming at local bars and pubs, sending out demos to local music artists and doing whatever she could to get her name and face out there.

The one thing that catches my eye about this beautiful musician is her fashion and style. She is innovative, vintage and crazy. Her bravery is eminent through her clothing; it not only reflects her personality, but her music as well. Costume and sound go hand in hand and for Rita, her elegance shines through in both her music and her voice. If you haven’t noticed, her style is encouraged by some of fashions most demure and artistic individuals; Alexander McQueen, Gwen Stefani, Marilyn Monroe and Debbie Harry.

“I would mix and match a $2 T-shirt, and vintage stuff. I knew all about the high-end clothes, but I never had money to get them. So I’d make them. I’d get clothes and cut them up." – Rita Ora











x - the Collector

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Be You

Be You