Who Run the World ?

19:09


One of the most encouraging women in the world is Beyoncé. Personally as a black woman, she has made me feel more confident about who I am and has made me feel like I can take on the world.


I fell in love with Beyoncé back in her Destiny's Child day's. I remember listening to 'Soldier' on repeat and cleaning my room. Every time the song would come on the radio I would crank it whether the parents approved or not. 

Growing up in a white man's world I always felt alone, I felt like I didn't fit in. Jeans didn't fit, especially from American Eagle and Hollister, my thighs are big, my arms were huge I was muscular and didn't have hair like the white girls. As I grew up I continued to listen to Beyoncé, Kelly and Michelle, they made me feel 'normal.' 

I continue to listen to them, they make me feel like my 'black girl curves' are normal, BECAUSE THEY ARE! Just because I am naturally very muscular, super curly hair and a loud voice doesn't mean that I am not normal, I stood out living on the West Coast of Canada and I am okay with that. So who cares if you're black, white, red, or yellow, we're all the same, we all have skin, bones and air in our lungs. So I will continue to be a strong independent woman who's going to 'run the world.'

At the Met Gala 2012

The world's best performer



Ave Maria

Beyoncé and Blue 


Beyoncé's fashion house 'Deréon'




 Thank you, Bey

x- the Collector

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Be You

Be You