What a night for a fashion show

11:07

So as you may or may not know, TomFW is currently happening. Yesterday was the first day of runway shows. I spent most of the morning running around getting ready for the day, but 3pm hit and suddenly it was time for lights, camera, action! 

First show was Parloque, It was a type of boxer, meets urban street wear look. I enjoyed the color palette, bold kimonos and long shorts, but a bit unfinished around the edges. Next, Nuvango; mostly tank tops and tees with leggings and scarves. All done in high voltage graphics all hand sewn and constructed here in Ontario. My favorite show of the evening was Philippe Dubuc, from Montreal, also a winner of this year’s CAFA. He's well established and it showed; his collection was handsome and polished. Neoprene shorts, mesh jackets, joggers and suits. I skipped Kennith Barlis, and after seeing the photo's I was sad I did, but being cooped up inside makes you irritable. Next was Pedram Karimi, I applaud his hunger for avant-garde, but it was not polished or ready for a runway just yet. Last was Swam, and I skipped this completely, I wanted to go home, after the constant seating catastrophes, I was finished with fashion week for that night. 


My outfit for the eve was a wild one; I went to A Home Run vintage boutique in Kensington Market and grabbed these amazing striped shorts. Paired it with my polka dot tee from the vintage shop and threw the manfriend's Philippe Dubuc long sleeve around my waist so I could wear it home. Fashion week front row always gets grab bags, so having a tote big enough to stuff goodies in is always useful. I took my favorite royal blue Aldo for the eve and thrift shop kitten heels for the road! 

photo - The Walking Canucks 
Outfit details:
necklace - from Osafo
polka dot shirt - vintage thrift
shorts - A Home Run vintage boutique
wrap around - Philippe Dubuc
tote - Aldo
kitten heels - Bruno Magli 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Be You

Be You