La Vie en Couture

10:22

Fashion for many may be just putting on a pair of jeans in the morning and hoping that mom did the laundry so you can wear a clean pressed shirt. But for many others, fashion is a lifestyle. For some time couture, haute couture and ready-to-wear have been storming the catwalks in search of the perfect person to wear such garment. I, like many of you, have NO means or motive to wear the piece, but for myself and others, couture is for the eye. Watching runway shows on Youtube is a highlight to my evening. Curling up under a warm blanket and sipping camomile tea is my perfect way to end a hectic day at the boutique.

Since the end of Couture fashion week in Paris, I have been sipping endlessly and cuddling hopelessly with my lovely down comforter and have found comfort in my Mac as she aluminates with excitement over the collections that pass my eyes. Lanvin, Chanel, Valentino, Armani, Versace, are all collections I have taken time to watch, annualize and gawk over. After studying these designers I have become more attuned to their love for creating clothing. Have you ever noticed that Valentino  features as much red the collection as possible, and that he either opens or closes with his favourite, statement rouge. Ever taken a peak at Versace through rose coloured lenses? You would see that Donnatella is young at heart and loves to be flirty with a strong structure and acute attention to detail. Chanel is a collection that takes your breath away, weather it be the shoes, or the skirts or the surprise gown, it's always something that warms deeper than tea.

For myself couture and haute couture have always been something that reminds me of home. Although no one in my family has ever warn haute couture. I assure you that my family is one that consists of legends like; Alexander McQueen, John Galiano, Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, Hubert de Givenchy. for they've helped to develop what I love and who I've become; a fashion blogging, style savvy, vintage, fashionista and for that I am truly grateful.

HappyFashion
chanel

Valentino

Elie Saab

Chanel

Valentino


Valentino 

Chanel


x- the Collector

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow by Email

Be You

Be You