Cheers to Fashion

11:34


This post wasn't done by me (the Collector) It was done by an amazing fashion blogger: Mix and Match the F Word, whom I have been reading and adoring for a time now and I have invited her to post on my blog. So here it is.. Enjoy - x


Using the F word
I remember being 5 years old and modeling across the living room in my mother’s heels with my cousins, parents, and grandparents as my audience. That was back when I thought I'd be 5'11 and stick thin. I can clearly remember being around 8 years old and staying up passed my bedtime just so I could see what the ladies on ‘Sex and the City’ were wearing in the latest episode. My childhood memories are filled with recollections like these. Fashion has been a part of me ever since I can remember. It allows self-expression; says so much about you without having to speak a word. The confidence you attain, because of what you're wearing, is the best feeling in the world.

I look up to so many designers, like Tory Burch, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs, Brian Atwood, Isabel Marant, Domineco Dolce & Stephano Gabbana, the list goes on and on. My favorite designer would be Diane Von Furstenberg, best known for introducing the iconic wrap dress. She started with designing clothes, but has branched on to everything from cosmetics to jewelry. That is why I admire her so much; she's accomplished everything I aspire in life. I'm also a huge fan of Valentino, one of the top designers of all time. He was one of the first names I ever heard in the world of fashion. His rouge dresses are simply perfection, along with the detailing and embroidery. I hope to one day walk down the aisle wearing one of his breathtaking designs. I dream of the day that I'll get to sit front row at New York City, London, Milan, and Paris fashion week, getting first look at some these designers' collections.

When it comes to celebrity fashion, women like Kim and Kourtney Kardashian inspire me. Not only are they some of the most fashion-forward women in the entertainment industry, but I can completely relate to them and their sense of style. They are the perfect example of how you can dress up a curvy figure; look sexy, but classy and remain feminine all at the same time.

I lived, breathed, and dreamed fashion since I was 5 years old. Although I am not walking Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, or wearing a beautiful wrap dress by DVF, that’s okay. I have found my passion for fashion, and I embrace it in my own curvy way. Even though I aspire to one day have my own clothing line and boutique, I am perfectly okay to sit on the sidelines, watching, learning, and taking everything in for now. Who knows maybe you’ll be at my show.

Cheers to fashion.





follow her on Twitter  @Elsaa_xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Be You

Be You