Fashionably Feminine

10:00


Find your you and be comfortable with you

Urban Outfitters Dress
Used Gold Jacket
Personally, I love waking up and dressing, I love the feeling of putting on a cute funky outfit and walking the street with confidence. When living in Vancouver there were a few things I needed to get used too. Everyone in Vancouver wears Lululemons, Ugg boots and sweatshirts, the office attire consists of wide legged pants with that are a tad too tight and business suits that consisted of black, black and some more grey. Vancouver is laid back and easy going, no one dresses to the nines, but that’s just how the city works. When being two things; black, and well dressed, you get noticed everywhere you go, it’s hard to be in a crowd and not stick out like a soar thumb.

My friends are always asking me why I dress the way I do, well, because it’s fun and exciting, I love braking unwritten rules and expressing my mood through what I wear. When I am at work I dress modest but sophisticated and I love bending the work rules and wearing extravagant outfits. Fashion doesn’t have to stop when you’re chained to the “all black” uniform, in some ways it’s more fun. I would pair a straight black dress with a colored belt, or a cardigan with some patterns, my bosses never said anything and thus I carried on.


Zara Sweater
Forever 21 Skirt
Aldo Boots

When Fashion Week hit Vancouver, I decided that I wasn’t going to conform to the traditional ways of dress, but that I was going to go above the call of duty and do my best to relax and try new things. Of course at Vancouver Fashion Week, there were a lot of designers I had never heard of, so I wasn’t wearing their pieces. I stuck to what I knew best, and that would be Urban Outfitters, Zara, H&M, Forever 21 and jewelry from Clair’s, cheap yes, fun; you bet!

I have learned that a hostess/journalist can dress well if she knows where to shop. I can’t afford to wear Armani, Aritzia, Chloé, Guess and all those expensive brand names, but I did learn that if you go into those shops, look around for what you want, you can easily go to Forever 21 and grab the same thing for $15 and not $50, why spend when you can save.

Used Jacket
H&M dress
 Ladies, have fun shopping, have fun with your fashion, and if someone doesn’t like your outfit, tough luck. Wear clothing that makes you feel fun and free, and remember that fashion is something that needs to be explored, if you want to find your style, but like Nancy Drew and do some investigating, and if at first you don’t succeed, try TRY again. 

x- The D3vil Wears G

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Follow by Email

Be You

Be You